My photo
Wilsonville
A son of the King, a sucker for grace, and a non-professional writer who fancies the intricacies of telling a story, whether fact or fiction. :)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Concepts of August


Break off the leaves of my brittle branches; my heart needs to sprout living colors with the water from the weight of Glory. 
My stronghold is being fortified by necessity and clearer vision, and my longing strengthened by lack of friendship. 
The irresistible yellow-white rays of Rest pierce my understanding of intentional solitude and devotion and commitment to others... even though I sometimes shield Serenity with assumptive assertions and arrogance. 
This race I've been running a while just began, because now I have somebody next to me, one with whom I can share the baton. For everything makes more sense now, even though I have only the slightest idea of what's going on and what's going to go on. It leaves me, as well as this blog, open-ended and uprooted while truly decided and firmly planted. I know-- contradictory, right? Grammatically and theoretically and existentially ambivalent, I suppose it seems.... But it's not. Not Truthfully... Not from the Kingdom view... 
Reality is an upside-down, inside-out realm where one has to die to live, and lose to gain; and where the Sinless One takes all the sins of the sinners who choose Him and makes them sinless in Him; in forgiveness, in death, and in subsequent resurrection Life. 

What am I to do with that?

No, seriously.

.....I love how God chose me. Then sought me out. Then gave me mercy. Then wooed me. Then gave me grace. Then cleansed me. Then gifted me. Then called me. Then blessed me further. And loves me still. And yet more than any words on paper or computer or anywhere can convey. 

Matchless.


No comments:

archive


click the reflection

Phil's amazing video!