My photo
Wilsonville
A son of the King, a sucker for grace, and a non-professional writer who fancies the intricacies of telling a story, whether fact or fiction. :)

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hang on

Who of us is the best one? Who determines strength, talent, and place of honor? How do you verify that what you hold to be true of yourself is actually true?

I have a few thoughts...

These are simply thoughts of a theoretically thorough thinker. My best guess is that my ponderings are anything but thorough; rather, they are incomplete musings on life in Christ from a 21st century white American's perspective.

But while those identification labels are accurate on the surface, they fall well short of describing the identity that was purchased on my behalf at Calvary and subsequently redeemed a few days later. The years during which I walk this earth merely confine me to a time, a specific era, not the rippling effect of a legacy; the color of my skin and ancestry don't define my true inheritance or familial ties, just an earthly heritage; and the geographical location where I reside doesn't explain where Home is, where my eternal citizenship lies, only a temporal nation that I'm part of.

My design was effortless for our mighty God, but He paid attention to every little nuance, every single complexity that's part of my makeup. That is beyond beautiful. And that is something I am eternally, thoroughly grateful for.

No comments:

archive


click the reflection

Phil's amazing video!